One of the most important hardwoods of Australia, and perhaps the most well known by people, is Australian Beech. It is known for its versatility of application, and happens to be one of our favourite timbers to work with.
We just love its great range of colours, from cream to pale brown its so rich and can be used for a range of purposes. It definitely gets our vote for one of the best woods in Australia.
Another timber we’re very fond of is Spotted Gum. This grows in Australia’s Eastern parts from the snowy mountains in Victoria through to further north in the lush coastal regions of Queensland.
This type of timber often features a wavy grain which can produce an attractive and highly sought after fiddleback effect.
- Need New Saw Blades for your GT26 Deluxe Portable Sawmill?
- Find a Portable Bandsaw (and Replacement Bandsaw Blades) by Trusting Hardwood Mills as Your Sawmill Guide in Australia
- Metal Saw Blade Supplier Hardwood Mills Provides Excellent Advice and Products
- Providers of Excellent Wood Bandsaw Sharpeners
- Cut Australian Hardwood Timber with Confidence
- How to Build the Perfect Timber Deck in Australia